Friday 13 June 2008

The downgrade

back then we didn't have a Pandora battery to help us to downgrade PSPs, there were a few odd version of the PSP that was downgradable, but some of the PSPs were doomed to offcial firmware versions for the mean time before dark alex came up with a workaround.

Fortunately for me, My PSP was already on version 1.5 downgraded by the chinese guys from the factory. So I immediately got it and proceeded to install 3.40 OE firmware on it, curtosy of dark alex's patch.

You see, back then downgrading was a nerveracking expereince because if you were to badly flash the firmware, then you'd have a massive liklihood of BRICKING the PSP, that meant that it would be as useful as a paperweight only about 20 times more expensive.

So every time you rank an open edition upgrading, you could feel the heart in your stomach and your throat would get dry.

A lot of people bricked their PSPs and then sold it off as a spare part. Boy I wish I was around then buying up these 'spare part PSPs' with the knowledge that I could restore it with pandora in a couple months time.

So I installed the 3.40 OE firmware and installed my best game ever onto my PSP, SOuld Blade,the debauchery continues, the bloodshed and terror of Cervantes, the Pinache and speed of Li Long.

I spent the next few months destroy the dpad playing beat em up games, listhen folks, there was a reason why they never invented a beat em up game for the PSP, it's because some guys would permanently destroy the D-pad of their PSPs.

:)

No comments: